I don’t know about you, but with school closed down where we are, and everyone stuck inside, days seem to blur together.
It’s hard to tell what day of the week it is sometimes. So, with that in mind, I thought it would be fun to make a calendar. You can download this hand-drawn small calendar template or make your own any size.
Once you have your calendar outline, draw in the numbers on your calendar. April starts on a Wednesday so start your number in the upper right corner of your top row Wednesday. Keep numbering your squares in order until you get to 30. There are 30 days in April. You can mount your calendar on colorful paper or leave it plain – your choice.
Next comes the fun part. We get to fill in some dates. Here are some fun things to put on your calendar:
* April 1st is April Fool’s Day. (We have a fun April Fool's Day craft for that in the Spring Craft’s Section)
* Fill in any of your friends or family’s birthdays. Then when it’s their birthday, you can make them a card or call them and sing them happy birthday.
* Every Wednesday on my YouTube Channel: Kidfunideas, I will be having Story Time and reading from one of my favorites off the bookshelf. You can write that in as a reminder.
* If you celebrate Easter or Passover – you can add that date in too.
* Next fill in some housekeeping things that you can do each week. For us we wash clothes on Monday and empty the trash cans on Tuesday. It can be anything you do on a regular basis.
* If you have classes online you can fill in those times.
* Do you watch a fun show on T.V. each week? We watch Survivor and some Food Network shows. You can put those on your calendar.
You can add anything you like to your calendar. Here are some fun ideas:
· Schedule a picnic in your backyard or living room.
· Have a fancy tea party.
· Plan a date to do a virtual dance party with your buddies over Skype or Zoom.
· Have a game night with your family
· Schedule a fun food night like – Taco Tuesday, No meat Monday, Favorite Dessert Friday.
· Plan a Movie night. Make the whole room dark like a theater, pop some popcorn, maybe have some special treats and watch or rent a favorite movie.
Once you have your calendar filled in, post it somewhere you can check it every day. You can hang it in your room or tape it to your refrigerator. Once the day is past, you can put a sticker over the calendar square so you can keep track of what day it is.
Making a calendar is a fun activity. It gives you something to look forward to, and that can make all the difference!